The former office of Managing Director Charles Payne has been restored to its original Victorian state, with royal blue wallpaper and many original architectural features including large windows and moulded cornicing.
Mr. Payne's Office can accommodate up to 8 people and features:
- 70" flat screen LCD TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Branded stationery and leather writing pads
- View of Samson & Goliath, the Harland & Wolff cranes
- Original artefacts in display cabinets
- Original features including moulded cornice, skirting and windows
- Mahogany board room style meeting table and chairs
Mr. Payne's office was one of the closet to the main entrance and occupied by senior members of staff only. Managing Director Charlie “Blue-Eyes” Payne, retired from Harland & Wolff in 1942 after dedicating 46 years of his life to the company. His room was built as part of the entrance block circa 1912 and its original proportions remain intact. Some of the original features have survived including the moulded cornice, skirting & windows.